Complaints Procedure

What to do if you have a complaint


Has2bhappycare aims to offer the best possible service to its customers, but recognises that, at times, it may fail to do so. In these instances, has2bhappycare would be grateful to hear from you about what has gone wrong in order to be able to make amends in the particular situation and to avoid repeating any mistakes in the future.

If a complaint alerts us to possible abuse or neglect, we will tell Lancashire County Council’s Adult Safeguarding Team. The safeguarding team will decide how to investigate and monitor outcomes.

Making a suggestion

Often people feel more comfortable about suggesting improvements rather than complaining formally. Anyone receiving services, and their friends or family, may make a suggestion.

You can make a suggestion for an improvement to any member of staff who will take appropriate action and also inform the Registered Manager, Jo Williams. A comments / suggestion box is situated outside the agencies office if you would rather make your suggestion that way.

If the suggestion is something that has2bhappycare as an organisation needs to consider, please contact Jo Williams, Registered Manager, in person, by phone or by e-mail.


Jo Williams, the Registered Manager, has overall responsibility for dealing with all complaints made about has2bhappycare. Complaints against the Registered Manager should be directed to the Registered Owner of has2bhappycare or to the Directors of has2bhappycare.
Has2bhappycare will provide as far as is reasonably practical:

  • any help you need to understand the complaints procedure;
  • advice on where you may get that help.

Who can complain?

Anyone affected by the way has2bhappycare provides services can make a complaint.

A representative may complain for the affected person if they:

  • cannot make a complaint themselves;
  • have given consent for the representative to act on their behalf;
  • have died.

If you are not happy about making a complaint yourself and you do not know someone who can talk or write to us on your behalf, we will be happy to find someone from an independent organisation to act as an advocate for you.

Anonymous complaints

We deal with anonymous complaints under the same procedure; however it is better if you can provide contact details so we can tell you the outcome of our investigation.

How you can make a complaint

You can complain:

  • in person;
  • by telephone;
  • through a member of our staff;
  • through the Registered Manager, Jo Williams (or if this is not appropriate through the Registered Owner, Simon Rudd);
  • through an advocate or representative (where someone complains orally we will make a written record and provide a copy of it within 3 working days);
  • by letter;
  • by email.

Making a complaint

What we aim for

Our aim is that people we serve, their family, friends or representatives:

  • feel confident to speak up when they feel they have a concern or a complaint;
  • find the process of making a complaint easy;
  • feel listened to and understood;
  • feel that their complaint made a difference;
  • feel confident making a complaint in the future.

We aim to handle complaints quickly, effectively and in a fair and honest way. We take all complaints seriously and use valuable information from investigating to help us improve the service we provide. We treat all complaints in confidence. We will not withdraw or reduce services because someone makes a complaint in good faith.

The process of making a complaint

We strive to be attentive and responsive to the people we serve. You can raise a concern or make a complaint to any member of staff in person. They will discuss with you ways to resolve the issue. It is hoped that most complaints can be resolved in this way.

If, however, you are not satisfied with the immediate response or if you would prefer to raise the matter with a person with managerial and supervisory responsibilities, please contact has2bhappycare’s Registered Manager or has2bhappycare‘s Registered Owner if this is not appropriate., Their contact details can be found further below. The following procedure will then operate. The complaint will be acknowledged in writing within 3 working days.

Has2bhappycare Registered Manager or Owner (as appropriate) will investigate the circumstances that have led to the complaint.

We will keep you informed about the progress of the investigation.

When we have finished investigating, we will arrange to meet with you to discuss the outcome, and write to you with:

  • details of the findings;
  • any action we have taken;
  • our proposals to resolve your complaint.

We aim to have all complaints finished within 21 working days unless we agree a different time scale with you.

Where appropriate, has2bhappycare shall give a written apology (signed by the Owner) to the complainant.

Has2bhappycare will keep a record of all verbal and written complaints and the Directors of has2bhappycare will be kept informed of the number, nature and resolution of complaints on a regular basis (at least quarterly).

Time limits

You should complain as soon as you can after the date on which the event occurred or came to your notice. If you complain more than twelve months later, we may not be able to investigate properly. But we shall also consider whether you had good reason for not making the complaint sooner and whether, despite the delay, it is still possible to investigate the complaint effectively and fairly.

Contact details

Joanne Williams (Registered Manager)
The Gatehouse
White Cross
Telephone: 01524 382764
Simon Rudd (Registered Owner)
The Gatehouse
White Cross
Telephone: 01524 382764

Further steps

Who to contact if you are unhappy with the way has2bhappycare is dealing with your complaint:

Lancashire County Council Adult Social Care Services
Telephone: 0300 123 6721

The Gatehouse
White Cross
01524 382764